Status: In Progress/Ongoing
As a further extension of our work with UAVs, we recently expanded into the underwater world with the addition of the BlueRobotics BlueROV2
The BlueROV2 is the most capable, flexible, and affordable ROV on the market. The 6-thruster vectored configuration, coupled with strong static stability, provides a vehicle that is smooth and stable, yet highly maneuverable. The BlueROV2 provides the capabilities of a high-end mini-ROV at the price of the most basic commercial ROVs.
- Live ultra-low latency video (with Standard Electronics Package)
- Live 1080p HD video (with Advanced Electronics Package, 200 ms latency)
- Highly maneuverable vectored thruster configuration
- Stable and optimized for inspection-class and research-class missions
- Easy to use, cross-platform user interface
- Highly expandable with three free cable penetrators and additional mounting points
- Standard 100m depth rating and up to 300m tether available
- 6 T200 Thrusters and Basic ESCs for the high thrust-to-weight ratio
- Quick-swappable batteries for all-day use
The vehicle comes in kit form and is partially assembled to make the user assembly as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. There is no soldering, potting, or gluing involved!
schooner labs is also a Canadian distributor for BlueRobotics, more information on this to be announced soon. If you are interested in purchasing a system or related BlueRobotics components, drop us an email for more info – firstname.lastname@example.org
The following details the work to date and will be updated on an ongoing basis as we progress through assembly, testing, and actual real world use and modification/enhancements.